Carrying the same concepts as the previously released super turbo muffler for Skyline GT-R, the Super Turbo Muffler for Evo 7-9 (CT9A Lancer Evolution) is designed under the following specification:
- Achieves low back pressure with quiet sound levels
- Suitable for stock power levels to high power vehicles with a large turbo
- Low sound level for comfortable street driving
- Highlights the distinct sound of the engine under acceleration
The exhaust pipe is Φ75 straight design. There are no narrow sections in the main silencer or tail pipe that would reduce exhaust gas back pressure. The pipe layout is as straight as possible for ideal exhaust gas flow efficiency.
“Quiet and comfort sound level.”
Exhaust sound was tuned for the following conditions, “Street”, “Idling”, “Driving in residential areas”, “Cold starting”, “High Speed Cruising” for both “Comfort in the Cabin” and “Outside Sound Level”. Sound has been tuned to cut uncomfortable low frequency noise.
HKS’ Unique Sound Control Technology, Slit Tip!
The inner slit shape of the tip has a silencing effect, designed with inspiration from an owl’s wing.
Owls fly without making a sound aided by the notches on the tips of their wings, which release air to prevent drag and eliminate noise. Inspired by this, the slits inside the tip of the muffler eliminate noise by approximately 2dB.
Sound level and frequency were analysed both inside and outside the cabin so that it is not uncomfortable inside the car and would not cause excessive noise outside. In addition, low frequency “drone” noise was reduced to prevent uncomfortable noise inside and outside the cabin.
- Tail Tip Size: 124mm (Titanium)
- Main Pipe Diameter: 75mm
These mufflers are currently available to order for the following vehicles. You can click the links to buy from our PartBox online shop:
- 31029-AM001: HKS Super Turbo Exhaust Muffler for Lancer Evolution IX, IX MR: £745+VAT
- 31029-AM002: HKS Super Turbo Exhaust Muffler for Lancer Evolution VII, VIII, VIII MR £745+VAT